Are you looking to take your yoga practice to a deeper level? Or would you like to explore the path to becoming a yoga teacher? Awaken deeper physical, spiritual and emotional levels in yourself and others
At Yoga Warrior we have a been developing extraordinary teachers since 2006. We firmly believe in maintaining superior standards in the teachers who provide our services as well as our training of students. We have helped develop some of Joburg’s best loved teachers who have gone on to do great things for themselves along with promoting yoga and wellness in their own communities.
The course is internationally accredited RYT200 with Yoga Alliance and prepares you for a yoga practice with enhanced depth and understanding of this powerful tradition in a modern context.
The structure of the course is a series of 8 weekends over a period of 6 months to allow for assimilation of theory and practice. It is a well-rounded course with numerous guest teachers that offers in-depth insights into the practice of yoga, with personalised attention in the perfecting of the physical practice while exploring the mental and emotional aspects of yoga. It is designed for students who are looking to become teachers themselves or just explore yoga on a deeper level.
What you can expect to learn:
- Background to Yoga
- Philosophy of Yoga
- Practical anatomy & physiology
- How to teach a wide range of yoga postures including modifications
- Understanding the benefits of different yoga postures
- How and why to make safe, sensitive adjustments
- Some injuries you may be presented with as a teacher and how to modify a posture accordingly
- Ingredients of different levels of classes
- How to choreograph a yoga class
- Introduction to meditation
- Pranayama techniques
- Basic Sanskrit terms & pronunciations
- Ethics of being a Yoga Teacher
- How to develop and deepen your own practice
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE
The 8 compulsory intensive yoga teacher training weekends each cover a particular section of yoga postures, independent study, regular yoga class attendance and homework.
Fridays: 6.30pm – 9pm
Saturdays & Sundays: 8am – 4.30pm
- Attendance at each of the 8 weekends is mandatory for certification. Clara Woodburn and expert facilitators will lead the different week-ends.
- You will join a small study group. The group will meet regularly for discussion and yoga teaching practice.
- During the course there will be periods of self-study which will include class observation, in-class adjustments and assisting in class.
- You will be assigned homework which will be completed between the weekends. The homework will be completed independently.
- You will be expected to maintain your own regular yoga practice, both through self-practice and classes.
- The course will conclude with a final examination both theoretical and practical.
YOGA TEACHERS TRAINING COURSE REQUIREMENTS
As we strive to maintain high standards in our teachers, we also expect high standards from our students.
Thus, potential teacher training students should have an established or regular practice of yoga, ideally of at least 12 months. It is also recommended that you visit Yoga Warrior (if not currently a student there) so that you can familiarise themselves with our yoga style and ethos, thus ensuring your own readiness for more in-depth training.
This transformative course is physically demanding as well as emotionally challenging and requires a strong and dedicated commitment from the student.
You should ensure that you:
- Have ongoing support from your family or immediate network
- A personal desire to explore yoga on a deeper level and a willingness to push yourself through your boundaries
- Are in sound health with no major injuries
- Are 100% committed to this programme in order to fulfil the obligations for 100% attendance and completion of the work assignments and classes on time
- Are willing to learn and taught by various practitioners whose aim is to help you deepen your knowledge and understanding of various aspects of yoga
- Are in a position to prioritise attendance of the mandatory weekends comprising programme which may on occasion require personal (and/or professional) sacrifice
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS COURSE
This course is for you if you:
- Have a curiosity or deep passion for yoga & learning
- Already have some knowledge of the yoga postures
- Have a regular or advanced practice
- Would like to deepen your yoga practice to another level entirely
- Would like to consider becoming a yoga teacher
- Are in full-time employment & cannot attend the one-month intensive yoga teacher training programmes already available in the yoga community.
- Prefer to study slowly allowing for a deep assimilation and percolation over a longer period rather than overnight.
What else should you know?
- This course will be life changing
- It will be difficult and uncomfortable at times
- Your yoga practice will change irrevocably
“My experience with Yoga Warrior Teacher Training has been an adventure of many highs and lows, guided professionally and with the highest standard. I completed the course successfully with full faith in my capability to offer the gift of teaching to those around me, thank you for preparing me, sharing your knowledge and for your ongoing support.”
– Sally Stewart, Yoga Warrior 2017 Trained Yoga Teacher